The Walters


 
16 Oct 2020 (Amorgos)


Not much went on today, but I wanted to clear up something that I’d written previously.

Back in May - still locked down in the marina at Agios Nikolaos, I’d written a diary entry describing our neighbours on B pontoon. 

At that stage I was on friendly nods, but far from  close terms with a couple from Chesterfield, Carl and Jenny.

Having spent the best part of the last week back and forth sundowning on each other’s boats, we’ve really warmed to them. I am only sorry that I hadn’t spent the time, or been more social to have made firmer friends before.

They’re so much more than my previous description:

A fat ex-copper, and a wife with some big boobs....’ which, whilst possibly anatomically correct, showed more about the sort of person I am than actually describing them.


They’re a generous, fun, chatty, warm couple who laugh easily, who we’ve found ourselves opening up to more than usual. I hope our new found friendship can continue and make the upcoming winter in the marina a little more tolerable.

...and that picture is their boat by the way.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My heart lies waiting over the foam... (New Caledonia - Australia)

Your happiness is our goal (Tahiti)

Nice times (Lady Musgrave Island)